Not too long ago I was enjoying an evening with a few friends when we reached the subject of one's "demeanor". They all came to the conclusion that I was in full stock of what they called "swagger". A little taken aback, I questioned them further as to what in the chunk they were implying to!? Then one of my friends made this unforgettable statement (might I add, quite profoundly!) He said, with every ounce of admiration, "You think your hot snot but, your just a cold booger." As interesting as I found this particular description, it occurred to me that my attitude of "swagger", or "gumption" as I prefer to call it, came from my loving mother, and not only lives in me, but each one of my beloved sisters as well! What a beautiful thing.
The "Goodwin girls" as they will forever be referred to, even though 75% of us are married, have lively personalities that can rival even the most daring and adventurous. Allow me to give a brief description of each:
1. Grandma Lida (aka Aleta Goodwin): This lovely being of a person has mothered five impossible children. She has a sense of compassion I have rarely seen equaled, and never fails to be helpful in anyway possible. She recently informed me that, "...the more I learn, the more I realize I have so much more to learn." She has a strong desire to some day travel all over to places such as Jerusalem, Egypt, Ireland, Italy, Greece, etc. I have no doubt that she will one day reach this lifelong goal, after a completion of her education at Brigham Young University. ;)
2. Aubrey Soule: Ahh... the eldest "swaggeree" of the "swagger brigade". Being endearingly referred to by Aidan as: "...a tender young asparagus in a fruit salad..." She has a humor that I have never before seen. It is a quick whit, and a rare one at that. A successful history in track and field, a degree in Pre-law, and a well-read mind, are minimal accomplishments when compared to the accomplishment of being a young mother of two adorable monsters. :)
3. Erin Brady: Dear, sweet, adorable, lovable, perfect, angelic, saintly, Erin. Nuff said...hahaha! I kid, I kid. She does have an irresistibly sweet exterior, but don't be so easily fooled. She has a fire all of her own. It is frequently shown when no one is looking, and she exercises it mainly on me, and occasionally her loving husband. Erin has an endearing love for the beautiful things in life. She notices details that are easily passed over. Once you view something through her artistic eyes, you can never look at it the same afterward.
4. Ashley Goodwin: The last of the Mohican's; one who will enjoy the simple bliss of a afternoon nap, can easily expect it to be interrupted by a sudden onslaught of a bucket of water from above! I have frequently practiced this summer ritual in days past on Erin and my Mother when they were trying to take a much deserved nap in our backyard. Heh, heh, such memories or thrilling moments can never be replaced, even though they are sometimes retaliated with WWF tickling matches. To sum it all up, I'd say to simply enjoy those memories that have you laughing minutes, hours, even days later. :)
4 comments:
I love what you have done with your blog! Sooo fun! The music! The pictures! But especially the written word. Nice tribute, well written. Isn't it wonderful that we have each other to spend life with?
Aleta
Ashley! how are you?? I havent seen you for so long. how's life? are ya still in Richfield? You look so dang cute!!
Kayla
kayla-armstrongpeeps.blogspot.com
Ashley, Ashley...You posted a whole paragraph full of nice things about everyone but me. (Mine was a sentence of kindness). I'm going to put a curse on this blog that will make it so that every time someone reads it, it will cause you to get an invisible smack!
I don't know what Erin is complaining about. Everything you said about her was perfectly true. I had the shortest write up so if anyone should be mad, it's me... but I'm working on my anger-management issues... so I'll deal with it. That doesn't mean I'm happy though...
p.s. I curse this blog also...but not because I'm mad.
p.s.s. Try figuring out what my curse is before it's to late.
p.s.s.s. Rockin playlist Boo-Boo
p.s.s.s.s. I borrowed some butter I hope that's Okay
Love Aubrey - The Favorite One
Post a Comment